Total time5+ hours
Ready in 7 hours, including slow cooking time, serves 4-6.
- 1 kg chicken thighs, skinless, boneless and cut into chunks, 3 x 7cm
- 1 tbsp ground cumin seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 1 cup courgettes, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 3-4 tbsp Bisto light brown gravy mix
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
1. Mix the first seven ingredients together and marinate for 15 minutes a bowl.
2. Place the vegetables in the order given into the Crock-Pot. Place the chicken and the marinade on top.
3. Add the thyme, stock and white wine.
4. Season, place lid on Crock-Pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
5. After six hours place 1/2 cup liquid from Crock-Pot in a small bowl and mix in Bisto and cumin.
6. Combine this to make a paste, add to casserole, mix thoroughly. Cook on high for 15 minutes. Serve accompanied with hearty hunks of crusty bread.