A friend gave me this recipe recently for a healthy lunchbox filler and hubby said it was the best fruit loaf he'd ever eaten! Hope you like it too.
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup sultanas
1 medium apple, chopped
1/2 cup apple juice
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup raw sugar (I used honey)
1 cup wholemeal self raising four
1/2 cup plain flour (I used wholemeal)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 bananas sliced thinly
- Prehead oven to 180oC. Line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place carrot, apricot, sultanas, apple, juice, water and sugar in medium saucepan.
- Bring to the boil then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the sifted dry ingredients and banana. Spread misture into loaf tin and bake for an hour.
- Once cooled slice loaf and store in airtight container or freeze portions in wrap.
(1/3 serve of fruit per portion)