Now I’m going to be honest and admit I am struggling a teensy bit with the healthy approach to eating as I get busier heading up to Christmas! It’s not my fault, people keep on giving us chocolates, home baking & other goodies. It would be very rude to say no?
However, one thing I have absolutely stuck to is substituting sugar for coconut sugar (especially in my coffee!).
Here’s a quick summary of the coconut sugar I’m using:
Pure Coconut Sugar by Matakana Superfoods:
- Low G.I. (won't spike your blood-sugar)
- Packed with Vitamins, Minerals & Amino Acids
- High levels of Inositol - the "feel good" Vitamin B8 - fights the moody blues and helps us to stay in a positive frame of mind
- High levels of electrolytes for post-workout muscle recovery
- Sustainably harvested
- Cyclists, athletes, hikers, manual workers - carry the coconut sugar sachet sticks for electrolyte replacement, energy, and muscle recovery.
- Office workers - use in tea or coffee or in your baking to sustain and aid concentration, mental alertness and positive mood.
- The whole family - use in baking or sprinkle on cereal instead of regular sugar to boost your vitamin intake and energy levels.
- Matakana SuperFoods Pure Coconut Sugar comes from the coconut flower before it forms into the coconut. Our partners in Indonesia climb the coconut tree twice per day to collect the nectar which is drained from the coconut flower. It is dehydrated and crystalized with virtually no processing, thereby preserving the incredible nutritional profile which exists in pure coconut sugar.
- Contains no Palm Sugar, Malt Filler, Cane Sugar Filler or Other Additive
We all need a bit of that don’t we??
Check it out online here http://ahuriripharmacy.co.nz/collections/wellbeingnatural-health/superfoods
Thanks for reading & all the best with getting through the crazy season!