For most of us, the Coronavirus is a threat like which we've never seen before. It is scary and makes us feel uneasy. We are all working together to get through this and we are committed to do our absolute best for our community.
Level 2 update
From Thursday May 14, we'll be moving into level 2 as a country which brings exciting changes for us at Ahuriri Pharmacy. We'll be re-opening the front doors and welcoming you back in store, with a few small changes. We ask that you,
- Please hand sanitise at the door with the sanitiser provided.
- Please only enter when there is up to 4 other customers in store and otherwise just wait a minute for someone to leave.
- Please remember to still socially distance 2m away from other people in store.
- Please don't enter if you are sick with fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath. Rather, call us from your car for assistance and then call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
We have had perspex screens installed on our counters and will continue with a "scripts in/out" counter for safe counselling from there. Cleaning will continue at it's increased levels and team levels have gone back to normal, as have opening hours:
9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
9:00am to 4:00pm Saturdays
Closed Sundays and public holidays.
Prescriptions can be dropped off in store or be faxed or emailed from your doctor. If you have the physical script, you can take a photo of it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (If you email/fax your script yourself you will need to bring the original copy with you when you pick your script up). We can text you when your script is ready or deliver it if you live in the local area if you prefer not to wait for it.
Other measuresAs mentioned,
- Increased hand washing with soap and water.
- Counters and eftpos machines are being cleaned down regularly and often with recommended antibacterial solutions.
- Perspex screens at the counters.
- We are practising social distancing.
In the pharmacy, this means that there are services that we won't be offering at this time. These include blood pressure testing, medicine use reviews and any blood testing. Testers will be removed from the shelves but we can always put a little in a vial to try at home.
Ahuriri Beauty Therapy
The beauty room will re-open on Wednesday 20th May. Bookings can be made online or by phoning 835 7948.
We have exhausted our supply of flu vaccinations now for 2020. Thank you to all the many people who have chosen us for their vaccination this year.
Contact free and deliveries
If you are caring for an elderly person that will struggle using the online store, please note that you can place the order and have it sent to them via courier.
Updates you can trust
Thank you for your help in getting through this together x